Here at Quiz HQ we get some quite specific requests from time to time. The most common of these is for a themed quiz.
We are happy to write these for our customers and will usually include the quiz itself, still divided into our ever-popular categorised rounds (typically including our signature connections and one question with five answers rounds) but also picture rounds, word puzzles, anagrams or whatever else has been asked of us. We know that we will often receive requests for the topical or the current and so we make it our business to remain in the zeitgeist. For example, we are currently providing quizzes themed around the World Cup but generally the most popular themes are popularist TV shows or movies.
In amongst the Friends, Simpsons, James Bond, Harry Potters, Marvel and sports based puzzlers we are asked to produce the most popular reoccurring theme is Reality TV and of course the more salacious the program the more popular the request… and they don’t come any more “saucy” than Love island (well, not yet anyway).
Although we can build the quiz for you and deliver it with one of our many hilarious and entertaining hosts (did you know most of our hosts are accomplished stand up comedians?) for either your private party, team build, social event or as part of a regular pub quiz night, if you want to do it all yourself then we’re happy to offer some advice.
So, let’s assume your quiz is based on the TV show Love Island.
First, when it comes to compiling the questions we would recommend you set aside some two to three hours to compile the questions, fact check them against trusted sources, proof read them and arrange them into easy to deliver, fun categories. We certainly would not recommend that you simply copy and paste a bunch of questions from various internet sites for a number of reasons…
- If you’re a fan of the show you should assume your players are also – they are likely to have browsed the very same sites that you are harvesting questions from
- Not all websites are created equally – whilst some are pretty good, others simply recycle questions you’ll find elsewhere, or post suggestions submitted by the public with little attempt to check for accuracy
- Some are out of date
Love Island Quiz Questions and Answers
- Which former cricketer appeared on the 2015 show? Max Morley
- Currently on the show what is Rosie Williams’s occupation? Lawyer
- Which couple have had a baby and has appeared on TOWIE together? Cara De La Hoyde and Nathan Massey
- Who is older: Kem or Amber? Kem
- How many followers does Camilla Thurlow have on twitter: 200K 300K or 400K? 300K
- What is the first name of Danny Dyer’s daughter who is currently on Love Island? Dani
- From 2015, which islander regularly appears on TOWIE (The only way is Essex)? Jon Clark
- What was the name of the olympic sprinter that appeared in celebrity Love Island 2005? Du’aine Ladejo
- What is muggy Mike’s real name? Michael Thalassitis
- Which couple won Love Island 2016? Nathan and Cara
Once you’ve compiled your questions – and don’t just go for the obvious ones like “who won” or “who pared of with who” as likely you will bore your intended audience. Better to go with a few head scratcher yet gettable questions that will entertain, get teams talking, perhaps a little good-natured disagreement about a particular answer.
When you host make sure you have a speaker a mic, present the questions is a clear yet entertaining way, slipping in the odd related joke or pun as you go. Make teams feel good about themselves. Don’t embarrass them, even if they are doing less well than their competitors. Keep everyone who’s playing engaged. You may even want to do a couple of rehearsals if this is an unfamiliar skill to you. Again, be prepared to put the time in to get the result you want.
Of course, in our ever-generous fashion we’ve provided some sample questions below, which were written by a professional quiz compiler and fact checked, because that’s how we like to do it.
Have fun with your quizzes – if you ever need any assistance from us we’ll always be pleased to help and if you find the time commitment too onerous then ask us for a quote – I’m sure you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
We hope you enjoyed our “Love Island Quiz Questions and Answers” blog and if you are running a themed quiz let us know how we can help: