And then…. Err, um
Let’s be honest kids, Dads can be the hardest to make feel special and to recognise their contribution and efforts to a family (generally speaking). How about holding a Father’s based quiz party to help celebrate what the man of the house means to you?
Something Different To Celebrate
A few cans, a few nibbles and your father’s friends and their families in a friendly yet competitive trivial tussle. I’m assuming your reading this as you plan to be the quizmaster? If so, a couple of tips…
First, make sure you read through the questions in advance and practice any hard to pronounce words. Next, I’m assuming you’re holding this event at home, arrange the furniture so teams can sit comfortably in teams.
How to Run The Quiz
The easiest and most straight forward method of running a quiz is to call out the questions with teams writing down the answers, to be marked at the end – obviously with this being to celebrate Father’s Day the Dad’s should of course be team captains. At least once a year their opinion should count for something!
Know what you’re going to give as a prize for winning – a trophy, a cup or even “father of the year” style coffee mug/pint glass as suggestions… consider something like a bag of lemons or wooden spoons for the team in last place? You may of course have other ideas as well, but the secret is to have fun with it and inject humour, keep it light hearted.
Finally, pace the quiz so teams have the opportunity to confer on potential answers yet quickly enough that teams don’t get bored.
We’d also suggest including questions or better yet a themed picture round – how about ten baby pictures of the children of the Fathers present? Imagine the scope for laughter when one of the fathers doesn’t recognise one of their own children?
We would recommend hosting the quiz based to ‘Father’s’ taste (Subjects he would like) if you are still struggling you can always include a round based on general knowledge with a fathers day twist. To help start you off, here’s a few Father’s Day themed questions that your welcome to use.
Fathers Day Quiz Questions
- Which British comedy series focuses on three priests living on Craggy Island? Father Ted
- In England – Father Christmas dates back to which century? 16th
- Who originally had the hit song ‘Dance With My Father’? Luther Vandross
- What date is fathers day in the UK? Sunday, 17 June
- What was the name of Martin Fowlers Father in Eastenders? Arthur Fowler
- Released in 2015 which film stars Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg and Linda Cardellini? Daddy’s Home
- Shirley Crabtree Jr. Was better known as what nickname? Big Daddy (Wrestler)
- “It’s not time to make a change, Just relax, take it easy” is the first line to which song? Father And Son (Cat Stevens)
- How old is Daddy Pig from the animated television series Peppa Pig? 30
- Thirty-two-year-old Sonny Koufax is a character from which film? Big Daddy